WHAT: After a successful first year of performing monthly to the tantra community in my back yard in Pacific Beach, we're going pro. We have started a professional troupe and need a stage manager to help us continue monthly events in addition to special events.
We are looking for someone responsible for organizing the production, communicating between director, the crew, actors and all members of the team in order to keep everything running smoothly. Ideally you have strong written and verbal communication skills, are open minded about the spiritual/sexual industry and have time and flexibility in your schedule. Online Marketing, Internet, editing and research abilities are a plus.
- Managing Local PR
- Social Media Promotions
- Meeting with actors, designers, props and costume as well as managing the front of house staff.
- Organizing props and set dressing, maintaining and replacing props and costumes as required
- Supervising the load-in and load-out of curtains, sound and lights tidying up the props after the show.
- Time Keeper - Wearing a watch, keep track of breaks and give people 5 minute warning with bell
- Offering Directions - field telephone calls from anyone needing last minute directions ("I'm lost!")
- Staff or take over the technical and lighting side of the production.
- Cueing the technical crew to operate sound and lighting;
- Managing the budget
- Dealing with any emergencies!
- Keeping the ‘prompt copy’ of the script: Record blocking, lighting cues, prop usage, costume changes and entrances of all the performers.
- Possible assistance in set construction
- Taking notes during rehearsals.
- Taking photos or running a video camera
- Database management
- Event registration
- Newsletters and flyer creation
- Occasionally cueing performers or guest speakers to go on stage;
- Liaising with resident staff at other performance venues (if touring).
- Supply food and snacks for sale at concessions stand
- During the performance, a stage manager might also be responsible for scenery changes.