Wednesday, September 30
We're going to start taking orders and actually launching the video at our next big community gathering. Can't wait to share serious BLACKBELT level secrets for poly peops! Stay tunned for our spoofy new photos.
Ethics for Nonmonogamous Ninjas
By Kamala Devi www.BlissCoach.com and REiD Mihalko www.Reidaboutsex.com
Tuesday, September 29
My name is Giovanni Ulleri, I am a London based documentary maker here in the UK. I am currently developing a one hour film about alternative households and want to focus on Polyamory for Discovery’s TLC Channel in the US. At a time where around one in three conventional marriages now ends in divorce and where adultery is one of the main reasons cited for the breakdown in marriage, could polyamory households provide an alternative solution? Also given the huge rise in the number of single parent households, does polyamory also provide more security, both personal and financial, where children are blessed with having more than two role models within the home?
I am hoping you may be able to assist me find secure long term loving polyamorous households (where the female is at the centre of the household ) who would be good advocates and willing to discuss their alternative way of life on camera in a non judgemental way explaining how and why it works. I would want to drop in on them and film their daily routine for a few days next month and explore the issues surrounding this alternative lifestyle and see it day to day.
The documentary would be a serious examination of Polyamory and aims to explore how and why a growing number of people are now choosing this way of life and educate the ill informed about this chosen lifestyle and hopefully remove some of the stigma and adverse tabloid publicity the media wishes to focus on.
If there is any more information you require please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail or let me know when would be a good time to speak to you directly and I will call you. My details are listed below. I really look forward to hopefully speaking to you about this exciting project.
16 MORTIMER STREET
T +44 (0)20 7430 4740
Friday, September 25
This Month's Topic: Tantra and Poly in the Media. We did a public viewing of Kamala's recent appearance on MTV and a sneak preview of her forthcoming instructional DVD entitled: Ethics for Non-Monogamous Ninjas with REiD Mihalko. www.Blisscoach.com
Thursday, September 24
Tuesday, September 22
Ethics for Non-monogamous Ninjas: Getting your BLACKBELT in Relationship(s)
With Kamala Devi & REiD Mihalko
(Back Cover Text)
Survival Training for Free Love Warriors.
Let's get real, monogamy is not the only option anymore, but there are too few resources or role models that offer the straight-talk on how to do it responsibly. In this playful DVD, two expert sex and relationship coaches offer tools and tricks to help you sustain multiple open relationships, successfully. They've developed a fun acronym to use in the field, so you don't get your ass kicked on the open road.
There are 10 chapters in this DVD:
1. Be Real: learn to be transparent
2. Labels and Lovestyles: define your own terms
3. Agreements and Boundaries: authentic negotiations
4. Clear Communication: express yourself fully
5. Know your needs: and how to get them met
6.Break-ups and Transitions: let go with grace
7. Emotions are Welcome: honor your feelings
8. Learning Curve: give yourself room to grow
9. Takes a Tribe: creating alternative community
10. Sex and Spirituality: honoring your lovers and self
Kamala Devi is a sacred sex and creativity coach who has been studying tantra during her extensive travels for the past eleven years. She is the author of Don't Drink the Punch, Sacred Sexual Healing with Baba Dez Nichols and Teaching Tantra the EROTIC WAY. She is the creator and director of San Diego Tantra Theater and has appeared on the Tyra Banks show, Discovery Channel, Morning Show Live, Inside Edition, MTV, various independent documentaries. Kamala lives in San Diego with her beloved Michael and their son, Devin. http://www.blisscoach.com/
Reid Mihalko is bi-coastal sex and relationship educator, speaker and writer. Best known as co-creator of Cuddle Party, Reid has been a featured on the Montel Williams show, Fox News, VH1’s Scott Baio is 45 and Single, Penn & Teller's Bullshit!, the Sex Files, Sex TV, NPR, Maxim radio, and Cosmo radio, and in Marie Claire, GQ, People, Newsweek as well as media across the globe in thirteen countries and at least seven languages. A graduate of Brown University's Fine Arts program, Reid has been a writer and producer on a number of film and television projects about sex and relationships. www.Reidaboutsex.com
Copyright 2009 shared written and spoken intellectual property by Kamala Devi & REiD Mihalko
Sunday, September 20
1. Triadic group sex.
4. A geometric figure with three sides and three angles.
9. A pun to indicate having so many lovers that one is not currently seeking or open to new partners.
11. An umbrella acronym which refers to a broad range of power exchange practices such as bondage,dominance and submission,and or sadomasochism.
16. A Term coined in mid 80's by Zhahai Stewart to refer to the intense and addictive bio-chemical rush of falling in love. Relationships are said to become more sustainable or to dissolve after NRE wears off.
21. Sounds like the name of a bank, doesn’t it? This term was Coined in the late 70's by Kerista community in San Francisco. It refers to a relationship of more than two individuals who have made a commitment to keep sexual contact exclusive within the group. In other words, they restrict sexual activity with outside partners. More partners can be added with everyone's consent.
23. The partner who has seniority or the strongest bond. They are considered the highest priority and given the most time and energy. Often primary partners live together or are committed by marriage or ceremony.
24. Someone who is attracted to both sexes.
25. A sexual exchange involving more than two participants at the same time. Also known as an Orgy.
2. A new term defined by Dossie Easton and Catherine A. Liszt. A slut as "a person of any gender who has the courage to lead life according to the radical proposition that sex is nice and pleasure is good for you." It refers to anyone willing to engage and accept the pleasure of sex in ethical and open way.
3. An umbrella term for ethical non-exclusive relationships such as swinging and polyamory, this term implies there are explicit agreements, especially around safe sex.
4. Three people involved in a loving relationship with any combination of intimate bonds. An EQUILATERAL TRIANGLE is where three people are equally involved with both of the others.
5. A word createdfrom the literal Greek roots "Many Loves."
6. A four way relationship, typically referring to two couples together or a foursome actually in relationship.
7. Any relationship in which partners are allowing the exchange of bodily fluids and having barrier-free intercourse.
8. When condoms are not used in the primary relationship, but are used when having sex with other people. In other words, the couple practices safe sex with everyone else.
10. Not knowing french, Kamala Devi misspelled this word and therefore you get a freebie: Ménage à trois is the French term describing a domestic arrangement in which three people having sexual relations occupy the same household.
12. The second relationship in terms of time or priority.
13. This term was coined by the ZEGG community in Germany this term refers to the positive feelings one gets when a lover is enjoying another relationship. Also referred to as the opposite of "jealous" feelings.
14. A committed partnership, sometimes a marriage, where both partners are open to active sexual and/or intimate relationships with other people.
15. A three-person relationship where one person has two lovers, but those two lovers are not as closely connected with each other. Geometric arrangements involving four persons can be described as an “N” or “Z”.
17. A marriage in which men have multiple wives who may live together or each may have their own homes.
18. Often refered to as “THE LIFESTYLE” used to be called “WIFE SWAPPING.” Includes a wide range of sexual activities commonly conducted as an organised social activity between three or more people. It’s often engaged in by a primary couple and can be seen as a modified version of monogamy, involving sexual exploration without romantic or emotional bonds. Friendships and Bisexuality amongst women are considered OK but usually male homosexuality is usually not. The Lifestyle subculture has it’s own conferences, gatherings, parties, magazines, websites, email groups.
19. A marriage in which individuals have multiple spouses. Also known as a Plural Marriage.
20. is a Sanskrit word that literally means “expansion through awareness.” An esoteric and embodied spiritual discipline that involves an integration of the opposites. Western Tantra Partners may practice sacred sex to worship the goddess or transcend the sensual experiences of the body together.
22. When the primary partner is given the power to approve or veto any outside relationships. If the primary partner does not approve, then the new relationship is not allowed to continue.
All Rights Reserved by Kamala Devi This Crossword Puzzel was created by Kamala devi for her forthcoming book: Open Relationship: Can you really afford free love? http://www.blisscoach.com/
All Rights Reserved by Kamala Devi This Crossword Puzzel was created by Kamala devi for her forthcoming book: Open Relationship: Can you really afford free love? www.BlissCoach.com
Tuesday, September 15
Congratulations! You've written a rough draft! This fall are forming a new 90 course for serious writers and soon to be authors who want to learn all the skills and tools and gain the motivation to FINISH their book projects and see their books in print!
Join me for this FREE tele-class to see if you have what it takes to finish your book before the Holidays!" This Course is offered by phone to anywhere in the world! NEW How to FINISH your book in 90 days (REWRITING) Telecourse Tuesdays: 1pm on Sept. 8,15, 22, 29 Oct. 6,13,20 Nov. 3, 10, 24! Just imagine having your book totally complete by Thanksgiving!
Ten weeks to Rewriting your book:
1. The artist vs. the editor
2. Project Plan
3. Big Picture vs. small details
4. Think like an Editor
5. Focus on the quick fix
6. Filtering your feedback
7. Reshaping and researching
8. Time managment & scheduling
9. The art and accountability of Blogging.
10. Publishing, Marketing and Sellng your book!
If you want to start a brand new book and finish it in just 90 days...make it your NEW Year's Resolution. My NEXT How to Write your book in 90 days Telecourse runs Thursdays: 1pm on Jan. 7,14,21,28 Feb. 4,11,18 March 4,11,18 with optional check-ins on Tuesdays at 1pm. To reserve your spot, write: Kamala@blisscoach.com
Friday, September 11
MTV's TRUE LIFE "I'm Polyamorous" will air on Chanel 36 if your provider is Time Warner or ATT, in San Diego. According to the local PST TV Guide: A polyamorous person is profiled.
Mon, Sep 14 at 10:00 PM
Tue, Sep 15 at 12:00 AM
Tue, Sep 15 at 10:00 AM
Wed, Sep 16 at 2:00 AM
As you know, I am Tantra teacher, and I am also in an open marriage. Please watch me tonight as I appear on MTV teaching tantra to polyamorous people!
Important Disclaimer: Tantra and polyamory are NOT necessarily related. I've taught hundreds of monogamous couples how to use Tantra to deepen their exclusive intimacy, commitment and trust in one another. And that is a beautiful path unto itself. Further, there are many polyamorous people who have never even heard of Tantra.
Yet in my experience, the practices of tantra can elevate polyamory into a profound spiritual path. And since society lacks role models for healthy happy non-monogamous relationships, I am honored to be teaching tantra to a bright young polyamorous family on national TV. Especially on MTV's Award winning show "True Life" which boasts of over twelve million viewers (mostly teenage girls.) Just imagine the brave new possibilities.
Personally, I was well into my twenties before I discovered the term polyamory. Now, I am not trying to preach or convert anyone to my sexual orientation, lifestyle or religion. But I believe knowledge is power and I'm happy to open young minds to new options.
Every time I do a national media appearance, I am swamped by hateful mail and shaming responses. If you support my message or even my right to free speech, please support me by using social media and responding positively to blogs, emails and youtube clips. Thanks for helping me spread the love.
Thursday, September 10
"Kamala Devi will be featured giving an intro tantra session to the poly quad: Kerry, Diana Adams, Ed and Kerry's date. After hours of shooting and months of anticipation, it will be exciting to see how they boil it all down. We will be hosting a viewing party at the next Tantra talk and Polyamory Potluck in PB at 6:45pm on Sept. 23rd. "
According to Polyamorous Percolations, Polyamory in the News by Alan http://polyinthemedia.blogspot.com
Next Monday, September 14th, MTV will finally air its months-in-the-making, hour long documentary on twenty-something polys. Many people worked hard to pull this off, and we have high hopes. The title is "True Life: I'm Polyamorous."
It will air at 10 p.m. and again at midnight Eastern time; also 10 a.m. EDT Tuesday morning, 2 a.m. EDT Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, 8 p.m. EDT Wednesday evening, and maybe later. Check the schedule or your local listings. If you miss the show when it airs, it should eventually be available online.
The True Life series is described on its webpage as remarkable real-life stories of young people and the unusual subcultures they inhabit. Whether documenting the lives of gay marriage activists, individuals dealing with obesity, or teens in high school, the True Life series tells its stories solely from the varied voices and points-of-view of its characters — putting the series in the unique position of reflecting the state of youth culture at any given moment.
Someone put up a Wikipedia page for the episode with a note that it includes a "gay trouple, Jim Messaros, Thomas Freyre and Chris Morgan, as they traverse the world of polyamory and struggle with relationship issues." Includes photo.
Jim himself says, MTV is very excited about the episode and this will be a great opportunity for polyamory to be mainstreamed to a lot of people, especially young viewers out there. It's socially taboo to be polyamorous let alone gay, so having done this show I hope we opened at least one person's mind to our choice of lifestyle.
There's some poignant history here. It's been 11 years since the infamous April Divilbiss case, which began when a young vee triad went on MTV. The grandmother of their toddler used their appearance on the show to get a Tennessee judge to grant her custody of the child based on their immoral lifestyle — despite social workers' findings that all was well with their home. (The case ended inconclusively after two years when April declared herself unfit due to poverty and let the grandmother keep the child.) This time we can hope for better.
Wednesday, September 9
Saturn (the great and dreaded teacher) moves into Virgo on September 9th 2009. He will stay there till November 15th, 2011 and is expected to impact success on the material plane. In tantric lore, Lord Hanuman is one of the only gods who can protect against saturns great challenges. Here is a pure and sweet mantra to help you align Hanuman who's teachings are pure devotion and service.
Wednesday, September 2
Tuesday, September 1
TANTRA IS MEDITATION IS TANTRA IS MEDITATION IS TANTRA
SEX IS LOVE IS SEX IS LOVE IS SEX IS LOVE IS SEX IS LOVE IS
A SHIVA SHAKTI SOUND INVOCATION
With Liquid Bells AKA Damien Rose
Silent meditation, stillness, still-ness, still,…Live Kirtan with chants Empowering sacred Love FEEL your Beloved ::NO MIND>NO THOUGHT
Raise your SeXual Kundalini while bathing in live GONG energy Kiss, gyrate, scream, touch, intoxication, breathing, moan, wet, SERPENT,…SHIVA SHAKTI ALIVE NOW FINALLY FOREVER PRAY ONENESS
Surrender in ecstatic Bliss together meditating with live “Liquid Bells” Meditate, Feel Love, Feel your Lover, Feel YOURSELF
YOU ARE SHIVA YOU ARE SHAKTI WE ARE BLESSED, NAMASTE
Expand your love using sound. Relax into each other’s vibration. Go deeper with right-brain communication. Create a sonic bond. Open to more vulnerability.Practice being in the Present while making love. Stay connected to your partner and the sound vibration.
THIS SUNDAY @ TANTRA TENT @ THE EMERALD TEMPLE