Monday, March 22

Eco Elf Stand Up Comedy

 



Michael McClure is Eco Elf. He is an environmentalist, father, surfer, author, actor, comedian, and he is my husband. He wrote and performed his first stand up comedy routine at Tantra Theater this weekend. Even though his environmentally themed material was not tested on animals, and ranting about his over-controlling wife, I couldn't be more proud. His work is designed to educate, inspire and ofcourse entertain. People were falling out of their chairs laughing, and most the email feedback I got after the show was that he was the highlight. Initally, I wasn't sure how environmental comedy fit into tantra theater, and I was afraid people were going to think that I just put him in the show because I am sleeping with him. But after much mediation, I feel that environmentalism is a newest fronteer for tantrikas. Just ask Annie Sprinkle about her new passion for eco-sexual art. Tantra is not just about worshiping our own bodies as sacred, but our collective body...mamma earth. His vision is to take this routine out into the world as a creative form of environmental activism. He will be performing at green conferences and festivals. He plans to develop a website www.ecoelf.com Feel free to contact him if you have any further questions or comments about his work.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: