Monday, November 16

Soul Mates Playshop


This sweet group shot is from the "Soul Mates" workskhop I facilitated last Sunday. I don't usually offer brief (2 hour) services at local churches on Sundays, but this was a special exception!
See, When I first moved to San Diego I didn't have my own space to teach. I lived in a little granny flat in Wind in sea, (I used to call it Michael's surf shack.) I started teaching evening tantra workshops at the yoga studios where I worked during the days. Most studio owners often had concerns and restrictions about the sexual nature of the course advertisment.

So I sought out an alternate space. I was pleased to meet one open minded reverend who was supportive of "the work" and said I could rent her sanctuary (which was a converted office space), but insisted "I don't want to know the details of what you do." So for almost a year I held monthly Playshops in the same rented temple. I have specific memories of concecrating that sacred space. I cast a protection spell on the warehouse with Clary sage. I ground cornmeal into the outside planter boxes to feed the demons of the lower world. I even admit to accidentally spilling red wax on the piano during one powerful shamanic journey.

Eventually, I moved to Pacific beach where I had my own "tantric laboratory." And then three years ago, we bought the Emerald Temple. So it's been over five years and I nearly forgot about my first sanctuary space until Ms. Laura cold called me out othe blue from the Academy of World Dance and and invited me to lead a special tantra event after Sunday service. Imagine my surprise when I pulled up to teach at the same sanctuary. The New thought reverand that I knew has since left, and they changed priests several times, but the warm, spiritual energy was the same. I had a powerful reconnection with my first temple space and a reminder that the true temple is a very eal space, deep in my heart.

By Kamala Devi, Author of Don't Drink the Punch, Sacred Sexual Healing, Tantra Teacher and Sacred Sex and Open Relationship Coach www.BlissCoach.com
Posted by Picasa

No comments: