Thursday, March 10

Who are your heros?

   I stayed up late making this collage of some of my greats muses. Do you you recognize these faces? Who are your inspirations? I am using this poster not only to inspire my forthcoming show: "The sacred slut series" but to launch psychic experiment inspired by Napoleon Hill.
     In the classic text, "Think and Grow Rich" Hill says: "No two minds ever come together without, thereby, creating a third invisible, intangible force which may be likened to a third mind."
     And in the next excerpt he goes on to describe a mystical and controversial psychological experiment in which he creates a "psychic" mastermind in order to rebirth his own mind. Enjoy this passage. I hope it inspires you to call on your heroes. Please comment and let me know how it inspired you.
     "My experience has taught me that the next best thing to being truly great, is to emulate the great, by feeling and action, as nearly as possible.

    Long before I had ever written a line for publication, or endeavored to deliver a speech in public, I followed the habit of reshaping my own character, by trying to imitate the nine men whose lives and life-works had been most impressive to me. These nine men were, Emerson, Paine, Edison, Darwin,Lincoln, Burbank, Napoleon, Ford, and Carnegie. Every night, over a long period of years, I held an imaginary Council meeting with this group whom I called my "Invisible Counselors."
      The procedure was this. Just before going to sleep at night, I would shut my eyes, and see, in my imagination, this group of men seated with me around my Council Table. Here I had not only an opportunity to sit among those whom I considered to be great, but I actually dominated the group, by serving as the Chairman.
     I had a very DEFINITE PURPOSE in indulging my imagination through these nightly meetings. My purpose was to rebuild my own character so it would represent a composite of the characters of my imaginary counselors. Realizing, as I did, early in life, that I had to overcome the handicap of birth in an environment of ignorance and superstition, I deliberately assigned myself the task of voluntary rebirth through the method here described."

No comments: